Gone

By Gregory Low - December 31, 2017


I really thought, that I would be like Marshall. But I guess I'm a Ted Mosby instead. It's harsh, but it's reality. To put it in words on a chat wouldn't be something I'm fond of doing, and neither is it a good idea to post something like this live so that the public can see. But there really is no medium for me to say anything as of right now, and this is the only solution that I can really conjure in my current state.

14 months was longer than I expected it to be. To think I would make it out on a single day, let alone a week was crazy just the same. We all have our ups and downs, weaknesses and strengths. As much as I've grown though this experience, I've certainly learned a lot as well. As shallow as I may deem myself to be, I was able to reach out to someone that I went from mutual to serious, in a matter of moments. It was a spark that I expected to flicker away after some time, but it kept burning.

There are no lows that I would like to point out, because it's something that should be respected as a private matter between us, so therefore I will talk about the highs. I believed that there was someone I could pour out myself to. To share things and talk about the future. To set plans for one another, and to cherish every moment of it. Every single day I would ask myself "I wonder how she's doing..", and it showed that for once in my life, I sincerely cared. 

I pulled through a lot of downfalls, a lot of doubts, and a lot of criticism to make it to this point, and it's not just a commendation towards myself, but towards you as well. Being by my side, you thought me that I could connect to more people, rather than just my friends whom I've grown an attachment to. I could connect to strangers and develop sincere friendships with them. I learned how to be tolerant towards everyone else, and that the world doesn't revolve around me. 

You're probably happy that it's done with, or you're extremely sad. Either way, I cherish you now as a friend, and wish you the best in 2018, and in the future. There really isn't any reason for you to rush your subjects anymore. You will find a guy that threats you right and one that excels at the areas that I failed.

Thanks for being my first, and for teaching me a lot that I didn't know about myself.

2017, you've been one hell of a year, quite literally.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments