Career and Choices

By Gregory Low - May 13, 2015

Hey guys , 

As you might notice by now , this Blog is pretty much dead / dying / deceased / whatever you want to call it . I'm not busy or anything for the moment , but I don't really have any fun and interesting content to share compared to the previous years where I spammed posts pretty much one every day . Crazy times there.

College starts in a week and I'm stuck between the borderline of freaked out and super excited . Guess I can't get over myself and expect some super magnificent stuff to happen in my first semester . On a side note , 6 months of holiday this year . That's 3 extra months compared to the summer holidays that American schools' have . Basically a world record there .

I'm gonna inform you all that I do own a YouTube channel that's filled up with crap that I created when I had nothing else to do . So, do subscribe


The reason for this is because , in college , I'm going to be taking up film and directing , or whatever it's called. In other words , I'll be sitting alongside Steven Spielberg observing as he directs some super amazing blockbuster coming to cinemas near you in 2016 . ( Not really ) . I'm gonna be learning the basics of editing , which includes tutorials on operating with Sony Vegas ( fingers crossed ) and some other fun stuff , hopefully.

If that does happen , then my YouTube channel will be active for real this time . Looking forward to uploading videos of " Let's Play " and some music , if I can find myself a band in college that accepts the fact that I can't play any instruments at all . None , nothing . Sucks to be me.

As usual for me , on a daily basis I tend to contemplate on my life so I don't screw up and end up in a hollow pit of sorrow and suffering because I made the wrong choices - I've decided to *fingers crossed* try out YouTube right after I learn editing , so I'm technically gonna be spending my time on the Internet for the many years to come while earning a decent "salary" to survive. I kinda dig this YouTube career , and it's definitely fun.

At first I was more interested towards the career of making video games and working for some super rich tech company such as the likes of Valve or Blizzard , but as the years went by my interests were dimming and fading away from my trait of thought , so I had to have a fallback plan . This was it .

Apparently karma struck and I failed my O-levels in Year 11 and I couldn't enter IT , which really sucked at first , but after a day or two recovering from depression that I'm a worthless human being , ( and my aunt giving me advice on taking up communications ) , I decided to just look forward to my NEW interests. Word is that the course I'm taking is super entertaining , and entertainment is something that I , and everyone loves .  

I'm pretty sure there's some "GLEE" club in my college , so hopefully I get picked to join , as I love to sing and listen to music , and everything else that revolves around music.

Perhaps learning things like binary or whatever that IT teaches is not my thing from the beginning , because for a fun fact : I've made my own game by myself about 3 years ago which took a span of 3 days to create . Pretty much from morning to night , all day , for those 3 days I had to focus on creating this monstrosity of a game , so epic , that the end results were a failure. An epic failure.

Bugs were everywhere , the enemies never died , and I couldn't build anything to kill the enemies ( I was creating a Tower Defense game ) . After an extra 3 hours of hunting for the bug and looking through hundreds of websites and watching thousands of videos , I gave up and deleted the game . 

About last year I spotted a book in my local bookstore and it contained everything I needed to know about designing a game , and then some. My dad bought it for me and I went through the whole thing in a week . Results : 0% . I had absolutely no clue what the heck I was reading , and was pondering on the reasons why I even asked my dad to get me the book in the first place.

Everyone plays video games , but not everyone loves to CREATE one - said my career counselor , which makes total sense so perhaps communications is the first step into the right direction for me. I mean , IT is all about coding and binary and some other super technical stuff that my brain can't handle ( heck , I can't even handle Chemistry ) - so things might not go as planned if I were to take IT . But it is my passion , or maybe was , so I'm not so sure about that.

I've seen someone code a website on Twitch and my mind literally exploded with all the super complicated things that he was doing . It's like teaching a toddler how to drive a car , it's that hard ! If I can't even code my own Blog , imagine me coding a video game. There'll be more bugs and glitches in this basic Indie game than there will ever be in all the GTA games combined , fact !

This communications course can also help me to be less socially awkward , as I'm really fond of talking to people , so it kinda sucks being the kid who just keeps everything to himself with the hopes of someone coming up to him and asking him if he's okay. It's not okay ! Again , karma and some mojo is helping me go through life , making tons of friends and living an adventure with the course I'm gonna pursue. 

If all things work out I might end up like Louis Cole , whom in case you didn't know , lives life as an adventure , he has a YouTube channel called FunForLouis , which I will link below and he vlogs about his daily adventures all over the world . Truth be told , I thought my aunt and uncle from Britain had an amazing adventurous life . Guess I got outspoken this time. 

I myself love the thrill of an adventure and I'm really keen on living my life having been through everything that nature has to offer me. So that's gonna be fantastic.

Either way , this has been a very long Blog update so I'm gonna end it here , until next time !


Oh and before the post officially ends , here's to my online friend on Clash of Clans , Viv. You're a bad person :P . Thanks for reading !


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments