Here It Is...

By Gregory Low - July 21, 2017


Where do I begin?

Celebrities are the ones with legions of fans, money, power, and everything else in the world. But of course, with all those perks, comes disadvantages too. Besides having the paparazzi trailing you everywhere, to security problems, and so much more - lies a more serious matter that unfortunately, doesn't get addressed out as often as the others.

That matter, is depression.

It's taken the lives of many people, both celebrities and normal people alike. Unless you're living under a rock, or don't actually use the Internet much (pretty much the same thing in this day and age, really) - you're aware that Chester Bennington, has passed away of apparent suicide.

Chester was the lead singer of the rock band, Linkin Park, which dominated the early parts of 2000 (and still do), having millions of fans that are truly dedicated towards their work, and for good reason. If listened to properly, their music isn't just ordinary songs that you tend to hear on the radio today. You know, like the garbage that The Chainsmokers releases....

We've all had our dark moments in life, and Linkin Park actually did help me throughout those hard times, and I'm forever grateful and thankful for them. 

I got news of Chester's passing once I reached my workplace, and weirdly coincidental enough, was jamming to 'Heavy' on the car radio as I drove to the office today. Listening to their songs again once being aware of Chester's passing gives the listener a deeper understanding of the songs that were released, because they have an extremely deep meaning towards them (that actually makes more sense and hits deep right now). Here are some examples:

When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some, reasons to be missed
Don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest.
Leave Out All The Rest.

_____________________________________________________________

I don't like my mind right now, stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy, thinking everything's about me
Yeah I drive myself crazy, 'cause I can't escape the gravity

I'm holding on,
Why is everything so Heavy?
Holding on, to so much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'll be set free
Holding on, why is everything so Heavy?

_____________________________________________________________

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure's all you've known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

Iridescent

_____________________________________________________________

I'd just like to highlight more on 'Heavy' , the song that Linkin Park released a few months back. It was a cry for help, but people didn't understand the meaning of the lyrics back then, until right now - which is too late.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4063993/linkin-park-chester-bennington-dead-suicidal-thoughts-heavy-lyrics/

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4063993/linkin-park-chester-bennington-dead-suicidal-thoughts-heavy-lyrics/
Thank you Chester, for everything that you've done, for all the songs that you made, and for all the lives that you touched and saved, including mine. Of course, this Blog post will be lost in the quantum of space and time itself, but I'll still extend my deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans, and the Linkin Park band itself.

Celebrity deaths don't affect me much because they are someone that I only know through media, but Chester - you were different. It was honestly really hard for me to process all these, and I was really expecting all these to be a hoax and not reality - but I had to face the harsh truth. You will be missed, and your legacy will always live on - through your music, and through the millions of people that you touched and saved with that music. Thank you.



Thank you.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments