Completed Journey #1 !

By Gregory Low - January 15, 2018


Well, 2018 certainly did not start off the way I expected it to, but that timeline has passed and it's done with. It was also the time where I anxiously wait for my previous semester results to come out, so I can progress in my education.

After a long and extremely hard road to pave through, I made it out of Diploma and I've placed myself into Degree. To top it all off, I really didn't expect my results to be as good as they were. I guess extensive praying before, during and many days / weeks after the exam really helped on a large margin. Truth be told, I really did butcher one of the exams really badly and I was seriously counting my lucky starts that the paper would not be the one to set me back a semester..

Diploma lasted from May 2015 all the way to December of last year, and throughout that timeline, too many things happened. My 10-member batch didn't last as long as I expected it to go, with the (glue) of the group leaving Malaysia to head back to her country as she was getting married and was settling down. From there, Semester Two, things got really shaken up with the entire batch.

The batch got separated into four different groups. One group was the lone wolves that operated on their own and then branched out to people in the other batches, another stuck together like glue and then branched out, the third was pretty inseparable (mine), and the fourth was just an individual who decided to gain some authority around the campus and assert dominance towards the people she disliked.

Semester Two was also a rather expensive semester, as I got to learn about video editing in a general basis, and photography as I was taking those classes. Through that I now own a DSLR camera and a MacBook for my editing stuff (which I always delay). But, I'm extremely thankful for those two, and I've had a ton of fun with them over the past two years.
My third semester was when I met my ex, which was a pretty fun thing to recall about right now as I've really grown since then in terms of understanding that the reality of relationships is nothing like how Hollywood depicts it in their movies. Either way, it certainly was the best thing that came out of Diploma, followed by a few things I'll enclose. Would there be a possibility of a reconciliation between the two of us? Certainly. It's just up to her if she wants it. But considering her recent Tweet that was indirectly pointed at me, I'd say the chances are slim. Whatever.

Around the fourth or fifth semester was when my previous Lenovo laptop decided to officially die off, and coincidentally an MSI booth was in my campus and there were a lot of laptops on display. I tried some of them out and instantly fell in love with them. In the end, I managed to get an MSI as a replacement for my previous Lenovo laptop.

Throughout that time, only one thing really haunted me - and that was the semester that I would have to take my internship. I have zero working experience, which is a terrible thing as early exposure to working life is highly recommended for teenagers so they can earn some money. Even working as a barista is working experience, so that counts. Eventually, the semester where I had to take my internship came around, and - you can read that experience up for yourself : here

Many people know my relationship with the higher ups in my university, so rather than that working as an advantage to make new friends, it really backfired and worked against me instead. Some individuals believed that everything was handed to me, and that I had to put in zero effort to earn the grades that I got throughout my time, and I was in some way, abusing the power I had through my connections.


The most common of mistakes these people make is my actual relationship towards the higher up. No, he's not my grandfather. But, I'll let you figure it out for yourself. As far as I know, I have paid the full prices for all my subjects and hardly got any discounts or whatever. So no, I'm not enjoying the fruits of his wealth. I won't point fingers as I don't 100% know who even posted this because it's an anonymous post on a FB page, but I can certainly deduce who wrote it based on the timing that the post went up, and who I really irritated that week. 

You'll meet assholes in university, one way or another. You can't avoid it, but you have to embrace it instead. Honestly though, if I was enjoying the fruits of his wealth at all - I wouldn't even show up at university in the first place. I mean, what's the point of an education if I was living in that reality? THAT will be a reality, in the future.... For now, here's to two years of Degree, and a whole bunch of new experiences to go through.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments