Worst Amusement Park Ever !

By Gregory Low - January 07, 2018

i-City Shah Alam. A place that could definitely strive and would be a great family getaway, as the facilities there aren't all that bad. However, it seems that no one even bothers to go there. Perhaps that area is underpopulated, and people would much rather head to Sunway Lagoon instead (which doesn't surprise me). 

The receptionist at the ticketing counters can rap as fast as Eminem, and they speak in Malay. It's not a problem as I'm a local, but it's not exactly my native language. It would take me a few seconds to translate what they're saving to me back to English, then translate my response from English, back to Malay once again. My dad has to do the same thing as well, and he can't exactly pick up extremely fast spoken words so he struggled to understand the receptionist. I guess she got irritated because when my dad asked her about the pricing for the third time, she raised her voice.

Clearly, that's not the ideal way to handle your customers. With an attitude like that at the ticketing counter of all places, no one would fancy visiting a second time. Well, godspeed to this 'theme park'. Facilities are quite literally the same as it was around two years ago, which was the last time I visited. I believe the management spent all the money in decorating the exterior of the attractions, and forgot that the interior design of those attractions are the real things that would appeal towards the people paying money to visit this place.

Like most theme parks, there is a rate of payment for locals and for foreigners. I honestly don't think the foreigners ticketing prices are even required to be up on the board because I can guarantee - if the locals don't even want to visit this place, would the foreigners even bother? A good example would be that the employees there would even ask the visitors if they're local or not, when you can clearly define their nationality by just looking at them.

Another issue is why on Earth would they even promote and advertise a second wax museum, when the thing is barely even built. There are banners all over the place directing you to the second wax museum, which is presumably larger than the first one - which is nice and all but it's not even built. It's written on the boards that the opening would be on August 2017, but I believe that they misspelled "Will be starting construction" instead. Adding on, it's not even connected to the first wax museum. You would have to walk under the sun, a pretty long distance, and walk across the road just to reach the second wax museum. No thanks, I'll pass. Honestly, a murder could occur at this area and no one would know, because it's that empty.

But, I did manage to get some decent pictures from the trip there today, which serves as a good outcome amidst all the complaints I have towards this so called 'theme park'.





















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments