CrappyVille

By Gregory Low - February 17, 2014

Hi Internet,


Life isn't always fantastic,as the worst things in life comes free to us,and the best things in life takes a lot of time to achieve or accomplish.

For some of us,we just don't learn from our mistakes. I'm sure we've made the same dumb mistake over and over and we keep reminding ourselves not to repeat it,but then we forget all about it and do it again,you feel me?

Well,for my case,it typically comes down to games,computer games.

Why?

-

Computer games are crazy expensive,especially for the awesome ones such as StarCraft or Battlefield. They cost like RM160 + each in my currency and it's quite expensive,so I resort to buying pirated games.

Obviously,piracy is a crime,but sometimes you're just impatient to wait for the original and official release of a DVD, + it is quite costly,so we will all go to some shop that sells all these DVD's for a cheaper price.These DVD's tend to have subtitle error,scratches and bad sound quality and so on.

For games,it's not really the same as a movie because you can actually watch it and enjoy yourselves even though the quality might be bad.

Pirated games goes to the billionth level of CrappyVille because around 100% of the pirated games that you buy,can't be played.

Sure,you put the DVD into your computer DVD Rom and load it and they will ask approval to install it.Then after waiting for a long time,it finishes and when you try and open it,it comes out with a crappy notification like

" abcdefg is not installed into your abc:\ .Please install the program again"

I would have already gone "flips table" mode but I don't want to destroy this new computer,considering the fact that I suffered a year of disaster with the tragic loss of my laptop - gave it to the shop to get it fixed and never got it back - then received a cheap notebook from the government that doesn't have any compatibilities to play ANY game inside.

So technically,I wasted my money purchasing 3 games,which could install,but couldn't play. *sigh* guess I have to spend a lot of money to install originals.

But my bro has a lot of games so I guess I'll ask him for the games instead :3

Secondly,bringing up my uncle matter again. I didn't want to repeat this but since it's so painful to keep to myself,might as well I just blab it out on the net (sorry :'( )

He comes in at a specific time every single bloody day (unless if he's in Singapore which means heaven for me) and he changes the TV channel to whatever HE wants to watch.

And let me just say,he sucks at choosing a fun channel.ALL the boring channels are subscribed to,and all the fun channels are not

For instance, FOX,HBO,Animax,E! are not subscribed too.And don't get me started on things like MTV or Disney Channel.

History is a fun channel - when you're learning about past war documentaries and aliens.But no,my uncle loves to watch pawn shop instead.

I guess old people love things like this,but if you were my age (born around 1990-9999) you'd understand my feelings that this show isn't entertaining at all.In case you don't know what Pawn Shop is - it's a shop where people sell their antiques like a gold watch and they bargain the price with the pawn shop people.

I have to say that some episodes are kind of cool,such as the episode where they previewed a guy with a huge collection of Star Wars collectibles,but the other episodes are drop dead boring.

Other than that is the news channels.I guess worldwide news is a major turn on for elders as majority of them spend most of their time looking at disasters that the news has to offer us.But most of the time,they're talking about stocks and politics that I don't really care about. Or maybe I'm just too young to understand something so mainstream as this for elders.

Sports channel.Not gonna complain about it being subscribed because sports is entertaining,like football and WWE and badminton.But my uncle watches tennis instead.

Now,tennis is terrible.Why? Yo don't get the fast paced adrenaline pumping action that WWE,badminton or football gives you in tennis,considering that all the players basically just grunt "ugh,ugh,ugh" the whole game.

Tennis is popular,no doubt,but sometimes it gets so boring that even if you're on adrenaline boost you'd probably fall asleep.

This post was supposed to be up yesterday,but due to some complications,I had to do it today instead


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments