My Fanboy Problems

By Gregory Low - September 26, 2014

It started with Justin Bieber, then Girls Generation, then One Direction, then 5 Seconds Of Summer....and everything in between.

Apparently I like sugar and spice and everything nice in the music industry, because I have a passion for music and aim to become a singer one day. I don't really care what people say to me or attempt to do to me to put me down, my dreams are set.

Basically, I grew up loving instruments, and the funny thing about that is, it lead me to NOT play any instrument at all. I have a piano but have yet to find the passion to play it. I guess I like my vocals better.

I'm not going over the edge and stating that I'm some hot shot with a majestic voice. But I just LOVE to sing, and I practise almost every day, let it be in the shower to my classes in school. 

It all started about 2 years ago, when my uncle planned out a karaoke session for a day and I was invited. Apparently, I had to sing, and I had no idea on my vocal range or what kind of song I really liked at that point of time, so I was kind of stuck on a blank page.

Somehow the people there were "karaoke kings" .... whatever .... but they did sound very good. It eventually came to my turn and I had to choose a song. I ended up settling on "Waiting Outside The Lines" by Greyson Chance and "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park back to back. It was probably the worst decision I've ever made, because my vocals were not ready to go to that kind of pitch.

I sounded like crap, like a horse giving birth. I don't know how a horse sounds like when it's giving birth but I like to use these kinds of sentences when describing something horrible. I wasn't satisfied with myself at all, but somehow my uncle (the one I hated,and still do) stood up and clapped, like really loud. Okay,cool.

Any way, I don't know how he found that entertaining, because I was definitely the worst singer in the group. I mean, there's my cousin who sings really softly but I did hear a little bit of her voice and she sounds good.

I guess that day pretty much impacted me in a really huge way and changed my whole life, because ever since that day, I was practising my vocals every single day.

I talent show came up and I really wanted to participate, but I had cold feet ( as usual ) and scrapped the whole idea and just decided to sing in the shadows, basically in karaoke lounges. 

I don't know if I sound good or bad, but I let my friends judge me and apparently they rated me "talented" so I guess my hard work paid off. From that day of karaoke, I've been going to karaoke lounges often and singing around 15 songs per session. 

I don't know if I might break my vocal chord if I continue doing this, but I guess it satisfies me to know that I'm at least living my dream. My other one is games developing, but I was thinking of scrapping that one out if I decide to add in film making into the mix. I don't know, I'm not an android so I can't really attend so many courses. But I'll see where the road takes me.

All this "music mania" lead me to hunting down boy bands EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I think the latest one I stumbled upon was The Vamps, which is quite big so I don't know how I even missed them. 

In the society I'm living and growing in today, people would refer a guy who likes boy bands as "gay" which isn't really a bad thing because I'm too used to it. I mean, I've been called "gay" and "bi" so many times it's actually laughable.

The reason why I'm called "gay" and "bi" ever so often is because , I feel insecure of myself. Basically, I look like crap,or maybe that's just what I feel about myself. Well,the cousin that I have a slight ( if not a huge crush on ) called me cute and "quite good looking" if my memory serves me right, which is kinda cool.

This insecurities make me Google up pictures of guys from Luke Hemmings to Connor Ball as my profile picture. Along the way I did use Niall Horan, don't judge me.

I decided to literally upload a picture of myself once and BOOM my Facebook exploded,which was a good day because I was laughing hysterically when my friend commented "Finally,we see your face" when I see him everyday in school. Lol



Proof :3 that is if you can see it. I believe the images do open in another window if you click it, I'm not sure.

But coming back to "fan boy" stuff, I guess it can't be helped when the whole world is stacked up against your will, you'd just have to submit to the facts that, you just LOVE these stuff.

I watched "The Fault In Our Stars", cried just as much as the girls, watched "The Maze Runner" , also cried like the girls haha....well when Chuck died. 

And I also went fan boy mode over Minho for at least 3 days until it got boring.

I would say it in my own quote that "being a guy these days is hard" only because of the popularity that guys receive these days in the music industry. Even regarding in the film industry, there's Chris Evans, RDJ , Chris Hemsworth...you get the point, I'm just naming out the Avengers haha

So technically how things work these days is, if you're a girl....go ahead...wear a tank top, buy the front row tickets to a 5SOS concert, flash your tits and make the boys forget the lyrics and mess up the song and the only word for that would be "adorable". Whereas for guys, DON'T go to a 5SOS concert. Buy the album, stay home and enjoy it. Sucks huh? But I'm sure you'd agree.

There's this spoof that's heating up on the Internet about "Dads at a One Direction" concert where the caption would be "I feel sorry for them" - clearly gives you an image on the world we're living in these days. You just can't go to a boy band concert any more. Especially if it's Justin Bieber (sorry to say), you'd probably be friend zoned for the rest of your life. No joke.

Heck, I bought "Midnight Memories" and it was the best day of my life. Of course I didn't bother reading the booklet that came along with the album because it's dedicated to girls and that would mean I'm "gay" if I even start to have feelings for the "grateful" notes the band wrote there. It also came with a perfume coupon, which I didn't bother even filling it up because who knows, it might be for girls...... shit

The new 5SOS album is out, I want it, everyone wants it. Comes with a shirt (pretty cool eh) - then you'd look at the cover of the box and see " Ladies size S " and go 
" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

I mean, it's not like the faces of Luke,Mike,Ash and Calum are printed on those things, it's just a picture of a mix tape, that's it. 

So basically the world is being dominated by girls, but in my defence, girls are the ones who go crazy over clothes so whatever......

I'm not gay.....regardless of how much I would confess to you that I fan boy over a particular guy. I mean, seriously, do you even know how a gay guy acts?

He wears clothes with flower prints on it all the time, which is a start


They'd also love to wink.....and if you don't know what that means, kill yourself. You're an idiot.

To cut things short


That's an example of someone who's gay. But he's awesome. Come on, it's Tyler Oakley man !



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments