Why I Dislike "Family"

By Gregory Low - May 18, 2016


People like returning home , because it's a fun place and you're really familiar and fond of its surroundings. You might have a pet dog greet you when you enter the house , or your cat that just doesn't care. Or that fish tank that you're required fill up with fish food in a few minutes. 

Then there's your siblings ( if you have any ) , your mum and dad , and possibly your aunt , uncles and grandparents. Most people would love to see them and have them around , then there's me. I don't despise them or anything , but I'm not fond of them. What is my problem ? Let me explain.

There are a few types of people that I absolutely despise . There's the egomaniacs , the narcissists , the homophobic , and the totally religious one. I'll start in the order above.

Egomaniacs , there are a lot of them in this world , and in my family . Who are they , I won't mention. Typical egomaniacs would have tons of things to boast about , and are always showing themselves off based on the amount of "knowledge" that they claim to have , or they would show off someone else. These people couldn't care less about other people , as their own opinion or their significant others' seem to be more important than other people. And they're not even anyone special or anything. For once , could you shut up about all your stuff , as no one even cares ? You're boring , and no one even likes to talk to you in family gatherings as well . Or do you need a car to hit you so you get some sense knocked into you ? Shut up .

The narcissists , pretty much the exact same thing as the egomaniacs so I won't stress this one out further.

The homophobic ones , there are a lot of them in my family. Call me crazy , insane , " I require medical attention " , but I'm a very open minded person. I'm not the type of person who sees life as : 

Study hard -> Get a good job -> Get lots of money -> Die

Do you even see the logic in there ? Like , what kind of legacy would you even leave behind ? You just want to be a regular human working a day job every single day for a few decades ? That's extremely sad . 

I have big plans for myself , and probably doing something good for the human race - although currently I'm here , writing this blog post , and complaining about life and contemplating the existence of humanity , as per usual.

But back to the main topic , I believe in love . And it's not just a general thing , where a guy loves a girl , or an animal loves another animal , or a human loves a thing . Some people are born a differently. They're handicapped , or "special". They deserve love . They deserve going to prom and having a family with kids , just as much as normal people do. LGBT ( lesbian , gay , bisexual , transgender ) people also deserve the same amount of rights . But of course , the Queen of England is too retarded and too Christian like to see it that way , and pretty much for my mum and dad .

I'm not stating that I'm gay , or bi - but everyone deserves a chance. "In the Bible , God said...." well to Hell with that . If you're that small minded and insanely dumb , don't bother talking to me , not even for a bit.

Which brings me to the last pointer , the extremist of religious people. Of course , I'm not pointing everything to Christians , as other religions have followers that can be a little extreme , in a more serious manner . *cough* Islam *cough* . 

Having a religion isn't a necessity in life . In fact , there are so many religions in this world that it's so hard to choose. At the end of the day you could just end up worshiping Michael Jackson for all I care . "MJism" . For my mum , being a Christian means that we're all not allowed to have any sort of fun in this world. Like , all we're meant to do is to pray 24/7 to God. I'd rather just end my life and meet Him and face my judgment - which let's be realistic , it's not going to end well for me. 

Oh look a scary novel ; demonic. Oh look , hip hop music ; demonic. Oh look a horror movie ; demonic. Oh wow Power Rangers monsters which are basically human beings dressed up in costumes ; demonic. If this is how life is supposed to be in my mums perspective , then I'd rather be the disobedient son that I already am and live life with my sanity , and possibly my title as a human being intact.

Do you really think that the Earth and Earthlings is pure ? Everyone has made mistakes , and it would be an amazing move if aliens were to colonize this awful planet , and wiping out 7 billion people in the process. The world needs another Genesis incident , which is basically the Flood , Noah's Ark and all that stuff - which is the only thing that really interests me when I read the Bible because , a lot of people died. 

But these are the characteristics of some of my family members. But family gatherings in general - it's just plain boring. The only thing I ever hear from my family members would be : is your hair natural ? Let me explain .

My hair is seriously curly , and a LOT of people envy it in my family. I'm not sure why , but it seems cool to them so I'll just roll along with it. But that's really all I hear from my family members , as they're all consisting of the elderly. My cousins , they don't really socialize with me to begin with because I can't really click with them , and I don't intend on starting. In which concludes to me being on my phone for the whole time , waiting for the dreadful night to end.

It's always been like that , and it just will stay that way. Most of my cousins are overseas anyways so I'm literally the walking dead whenever I go for these lame family gatherings. I don't care whose birthday it is , it's gonna be boring . 

The good news is that I have a car and a legitimate driving license , so I can just bail and enjoy dinner with - myself as I'm a lonely person and no one really loves me. Yay !!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments