Negativity

By Gregory Low - August 19, 2016



So the Olympics is happening right now, and it's a very big deal for everyone on Earth - except for your truly. Let's recap over this whole situation.

It's a good thing to support an athlete that's competing in the Olympics that's representing your country , because it's the right thing to do. I've supported the previous Olympics , to only be disappointed because Malaysia's own Lee Chong Wei couldn't secure the Gold for the country. The typical Malaysian would be satisfied that he managed to secure a medal , although it's not the Gold. But for me , it was a hard thing to go through because I did support Lee Chong Wei to all ends.

Which brings me to this years Olympics. I'm not interested , and I do not care about this years Olympics. Once again , Malaysian representatives are competing in the Olympics in order to win the Gold for this country. Well done for them , for all their hard work , effort and determination.

The mixed badminton finals happened , and it was a Malaysian duo against an Indonesian duo. The hall is where I sit and do my work , and I'm facing directly towards the TV - so I'm bound to see what's going on . I watched the final half of the match , and the Malaysian team lost.

So here's my analysis over the whole game. Note that I'm not a badminton genius or even a coach of a badminton league , but these are simple mistakes that even a kid could figure out. There was poor coordination and teamwork in the Malaysian team , and they were making mistakes all over the place - which could have been avoided if they just got on the same page for the entire match. Props to the girl , because she really did a good job in the match . The guy however , he just couldn't get his head in the game.

Perhaps he sprained his leg or something , because there were a lot of shots that could have been deflected really easily , and he didn't take them. In the end , they got the Silver placement , whilst the Indonesian team took home the Gold. Congratulations to them. 

After that match , I went ahead to post my criticism on Facebook , which got a lot of hate. I wasn't really surprised , because I was the only one that didn't post cliché updates such as " Well done, you did your best" , or " Nice try , there's always a next time " . I was straight forward with how I felt about the match , and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that thought of the match in a negative way.


A few people started to comment on my post , and they were full of hatred towards me. This proves a few things. One , I'm not patriotic - which shouldn't be a big surprise right now , because I've been talking about my displeasures living in this stupid country for months. 

Two , Malaysians are people that are easily triggered over someone stating their own opinion. Honestly , I don't care about what everyone has to say , because it's my own rights to say what I want to say. If they don't like it , unfriend me. 

Three , Malaysians are pretty pathetic. You're unable to withstand one small post on the Internet , that you have to resort to blocking me. It's fine , I don't care. You're ugly , you're washed up , and you're a really boring person. I've seen your face in college , and I never intended to say hello to you - and I sure as heck don't intend to do so now. It just proves my point that you're a wretched human being . 

Yes , I'd love to leave Malaysia - and start my life over in a different country. A country where the people aren't so obviously retarded , isn't so egocentric , isn't so close-minded , isn't so religiously paranoid over small and simple matters , doesn't have a autistic loser as a leader , and is way more ambitious.

Nothing in this pathetic country fits me. My interests are in other countries. My passions are in other countries. And my will to succeed exponentially in my life all leads to other countries . You all can coop here in this failure of a system , while I'm out there living my life to the max , and savoring every single moment of it. You're all blind to even see the cold harsh truth of reality - there's nothing in this country that can sustain a good future for anyone. 

Everyone is leaving Malaysia to study and work in other countries , and quite a lot of them don't intend on coming back "home". Why ? Because this dump is not worth being called home. Say what you want about me and my negativity , I don't care. I'm entitled to my own opinion and by all means , I'm so damn going to state my own opinions whenever I want , wherever I want , however I want. 

Carry on , live your cliché lives studying and ending up working in an office for the rest of your life , while I'm out there savoring every last bit that planet Earth has to offer. Don't worry , even if my life resolutions don't work out as I intend them to - I won't return to this pathetic place. Good day .  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments