Confidence

By Gregory Low - March 13, 2014

Hi Internet,

Before you begin reading this post,I'd suggest you to read my previous post first because it's sorta related,sorta.


In my case,I look in the mirror and I don't look like I want to look like at all,which is tough.Girls will understand my pain (except the twist is,I'm a guy [that no one would date] )

I tend to question myself as to why wasn't I born with a Brad Pitt look or even some Korean guy you'd probably fangirled or fanboyed once like G-Dragon ( come on,he's hot )

Having confidence in yourself is really important,because without confidence,life wouldn't be as smooth as you'd like it to be.Trust me,I've been there,and I'd probably want to start looking for a home in "no confidence lane"

WHY?!

Well for starters,I get cold feet almost instantly.I tend to think that I have an inner-me (I'm sure you believe(d) that as well),but that "inner me" who's supposed to be all confident and stuff never comes out when I need him.

Technically,singing is my hobby,and I intend to get cash with it. I'm not a really good singer though (I think)

Most of the time (well if you even met me) I would be singing random songs that just play on my phone OR even when I don't have music at all,so it's technically unplugged.That's not the worst part,I think I got scoldings from my teacher for singing too often.

Once,I was Tweeting and a girl replied to my Tweet.

I think it was something like.........

@GregJSLow : Maybe I should go for singing classes to improve on my singing.
@Idzlyncool : Oh,you sing?
@GregJSLow : Yes I do,didn't you hear me?I'm sitting behind you in class....
@Idzlyncool : Oh,I didn't notice,I was busy talking to Amani
@GregJSLow : Oh,it's okay
@Idlyzncool : Can you sing to me tomorrow?
@GregJSLow " uhhhhh......I'm shy
@Idzlyncool : Hahaha just sing a song only lah.Simple song can do.But must be K-Pop

*PAUSE*

That's where I kinda blacked out because I don't really know much about KPop,and she kinda asked me to sing songs specifically from a boyband that I don't listen to (2PM,Exo)

*RESUME*

@GregJSLow : So,what band?
@Idzlyncool : Um,2PM,Exo?Can?
@GregJSLow : I don't listen to them......
@Idzlyncool : Then sing anything you want it's okay with me

So that was pretty much how our conversation went ( and yes,that's our Twitter names,we don't follow each other any more,I don't know why )

SO,I tried Nu'est and it kinda failed.Firstly,I got the lyrics wrong (well it's K-Pop,what do you expect?It's not the alphabets! )

Secondly,yes.....cold feet..UGH the pain!

I went to school and we completely ignored each other.I thought she wasn't really taking it seriously with the singing thing,but sometimes I kind of have admirers here and there that it's kinda scary because a new one pops out every year.But I doubt she has even a 1% chance of actually having feelings for me,because like I said,I'm not Brad Pitt.

SO, (I gotta stop it with the so) I let my guard down,and it ACTUALLY happened.She asked me to sing.

That was also the part where all her girl friends were around and my guy friends were right beside me thinking we were on a hot topic of love or something. Okay,honestly,I have terrible guy friends in school. They would find the slightest chance that you give them,and embarrass you 100% with it.Trust me on that.

Cold feet,cold feet.I blacked out. I think I even forgot my name during that moment. I've never sang to a girl before,hell,I never sang in front of my mum,because she embarrasses me almost all the time.Wait,correction,she embarrasses me ALL THE TIME,sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a "do-you-wanna-die" way.

I had to sing.....had to?Nope I didn't sing.I kinda disappointed her and maybe that's why she unfollowed me?LOL....nah no hard feelings.I have more than 5K followers on Twitter so I'm pretty well okay. 

#EgoBooster

I think everyone was disappointed,even though I was just directing it to her.Perhaps everyone wanted to become "The Voice" judges for 3 minutes and see if I can win the million bucks :/

Anyhow,I thought about tons of things ever since then,and I wanted to make a change.

I didn't want to have cold feet again.I wanted to be confident,and have confidence in myself.

If someone else can do it,why can't I? Am I different? Am I not good enough? I kept telling that to myself. But I put all my faith that one day,confidence will become a thing too common in my life that I could even be a lecturer on the subject!

I lost hope after a while because things just didn't turn the way it should be.I was still afraid,afraid of myself.I couldn't stand myself.Why?I have no clue!

The pressure?The fame? I don't really care too much.But why,why am I always held back by my own self?

Why cant I take a step forward.

Sometimes,yes....things are easier said than done.But this is easy,yet why can't I do it?

I can't talk to a girl without looking at her directly in the eye. Confidence,where are you when I need you?

Perhaps I'm too weak,perhaps I'm destined to be like this,or perhaps I'm just too afraid to try.

I find it easier to express my feelings on a note,or even this Blog or even through music.But a normal conversation just cant happen.Isn't that the foundation of a relationship?

WHY CAN'T I DO IT?!

I shall try to be a better person for myself,and for the people that I love.

#BeConfident

But what about you?

Are you confident?

Can you face your fears,whether it's spiders,bugs,Boogeyman.....anything.Can you do it?

Are you confident enough?

I'm sure you are.

If you said no,then you don't believe in yourself,and that's a tough thing to face every single day and night over and over for the rest of your life until it may be too late for regrets.

Believe in yourself and thou shall get anything beyond your wildest dreams (now if you're a guy,I don't mean group sex with a bunch of girls looking like Megan Fox) - but a girlfriend/boyfriend,wife/husband and friends from all over the world with the opposite sex.

Don't get held back. Don't hold back. Step forward.Become the person that you'd never even thought of becoming.Live a happy life full of confidence.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments