Center of the field

By Gregory Low - March 17, 2015

In every match there are always two sides, side A and side B . The ring is usually a rectangle , which determines the positions of side A and side B . In the center , there could be a net , or that circle thing you see on football fields ( I don't play football sorry ).

Now picture team A and team B are going to start the match , with a twist that makes you stand at the center, trying not to get hit by either sides at anytime . Hard ? Yes it is.

Which brings me to my situation. If you're one of those frequent readers whom I appreciate , you'd know that I tend to complain about my life and rant about it pretty much every week , and I'm not gonna lie - this post is also complaints. 

It's true that I can consider myself lucky with all the luxuries I own such as my computer and my phone, but all this came with a price , a huge price.

In some cultures people believe that we were reincarnated from our previous life, either 100 years ago , or during the age of the dinosaurs - I really hope I was a T-Rex then. And with reincarnation , judgment will fall upon you.

As you may have heard before " Do good in this life and you'll be blessed in the next " . I'm not sure if my situation could pit me in the good or bad, or just in the center....which brings me to our ball game once again.

See , my dad hasn't been here for a really long time , and he just came back 2 years ago. During those times , I've been the middleman between a war between my mum and my dad. Bullets , grenades , incendiary grenades, all those were thrown back and forth and back and forth - repeat.

They do injure each other from time to time , but all those straying bullets and grenades that weren't thrown properly landed on me, and I got hurt.

When my mum wants something and my dad doesn't give it to her, she throws everything out on me like it's my fault. The fuck am I supposed to do if my dad doesn't want to give her cash ?

Just a few minutes ago , probably an hour ago - my mum called and said that I should get a job. It's not really a bad idea , considering that I'm not really doing anything productive until my college starts , which is at the end of May. So during this period of time , chances are that I'm going to have to go for driving lessons every morning with a fucking instructor that has no patience whatsoever. 

I don't mind working , though I'm not sure what environment suits me best . But the worst part is my pay. No I'm not a money minded guy who goes after salaries like 100K dollars or something. Small and decent salaries like 1-2K is already good enough for me. 

But here's the bitch , since my dad won't fork out some cash for my mum , she'll try all sorts of ways to make ME fork over MY cash. Now I don't mind giving some of my salary to my mum or dad if need be , but I'm talking ALL of my salary. That's right , someone else works - someone else gets the pay. Fair ? Fuck no !

My mum has never been supportive over what I want to pursue in my career. She constantly told me that I won't make it and I won't earn much and tons of other bullshit , but I can guarantee her sorry future ass , I'll make it. And my middle finger will be up to everyone who looked down on me. 

And that's how my life can be related to the one in the center of the field. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments