#5 - YouTube and Life

By Gregory Low - February 25, 2016

 I'm the type of person that spends most of their time , no - their life on the Internet. The Internet has it's ups and downs , and it's own good and bad. But this Blog post isn't going to be about negativity. As mentioned on the Blog title , this post is entirely about YouTube , and why it's my most visited site ( besides Facebook , Twitter , and many more ).


For a fraction of Internet users , YouTube is a place where you would find videos to watch in order to entertain themselves. No doubt , YouTube is a really enjoyable place. People who love video game commentaries would spend a lot of their time watching videos from people such as PewDiePie , Markiplier , Ali-A , and more.

For the girls , they would be on YouTube searching for makeup tutorials , but of course girls watch other videos on YouTube as well. I'm a guy , but somehow watching girls give makeup tutorials is pretty fun to watch , and I don't think that it's a weird thing if guys were to watch things related to makeup. Cool makeup gurus on YouTube are Zoella , Tanya Burr , Ingrid Nilsen , and more. The beauty gurus also upload other content like their daily routine , healthy diets and others.

Then , there's the music channels. By music channels , I don't mean channels directly from VEVO , but rather music channels that create cover versions of your favorite everyday music and soundtracks. Some examples of these talents are like Kurt Hugo Schneider , Alex Goot , Conor Maynard , and more.

Is that all ? Not even close. And the YouTube statistics is more than enough proof that there's more than meets the eye when it comes to YouTube.

How to take a great picture ? YouTube has it covered !

Want to learn Photoshop ? No problem either !

For my perspective , YouTube is a great way to escape from reality as well , if you're a long time reader of mine , you would already know that life is really boring , and my family is utter bullshit - so I conform to the Internet to escape from all these situations. 

The Internet connects to me in a state that for some reason , people who live across the globe and have no connection to me whatsoever , are able to create content that I can relate to , as if they're trying to talk to me , as they understand me more.

Basically , I don't have any siblings . Some people might find that as a very cool thing , as everything is all yours and there's really no sharing involved when it comes to your properties. However , the downside is that there isn't anyone close to your age for you to be able to connect to and to share personal stories and issues with. Adding up , all my close friends are not even close to where I stay , so I'm literally a lone wolf.

I live in a bubble. I like to isolate myself from people , mainly my family because - I don't like anyone of them . Reason being that my family has been a disappointment to my childhood and my growing up phase , which is the main reason why I dislike a lot of people , I don't converse a lot , and I have little respect for my elders. But at the end of the day , why should I respect faggots ? It's just a waste of time.

As per usual , all my posts aren't focused on a single topic , and usually ends up in a situation where I talk and complain about my life. Don't get me wrong , I am grateful for my luxuries , but all these luxuries came with a small price to pay , cancer .

No , I do not have cancer. Cancer in this case is a term where it's something that you're uneasy with , and very annoying .

What kind of cancer do I have to deal with ? Family . It's about family , and will always be about family. If I were to talk to my mum , dad or grandmother about something , they'll somehow spew bullshit that is totally unrelated to what I was trying to say and give me retarded life advice that I'm sick of hearing. I get it , you were young once , and you did stuff . Shut the hell up !

That is why I don't bother sharing anything with my family , in order to save myself from listening to pure nonsense that I have no interests in listening to , spewed out from my elders mouths. Heck , even if I were under severe depression , those bastards would never find out , because they wouldn't be able to help me out either way.

Sexuality issues ? Yes , I did mention in December that I am bisexual. I also did mention that it's not a certainty that I will be bisexual permanently ( not exactly sure if I did mention it ) . As of right now , I'm updating my status to " straight . I have an explanation for this.

This was not an act of desperation and to seek attention , but purely on trying to find out my demons inside of me. I explained a lot on my coming out post , which is linked above. However , after growing up a little , received negativity after dropping hints to my family members - who are homophobias , this is pretty much the outcome. I did do some soul searching , and right after I came out on the Blog post and on Facebook , I realized that it was a bad move. The Blog post will remain though.

Heading back to the main purpose of this Blog post to wrap things up , which is about YouTube , here are some of my recommendations , which sums up what I go through in a comedic and emotional way , either daily or weekly . Enjoy ! 

Daniel Howell is my spirit animal.

  1. I Question Life A Lot
  2. My Past Haunts Me
  3. I'm Not Interactive , at all.....
  4. I Question About Life , again.....EVEN MORE !

News flash / Bloopers / Outtakes :

So this is what happened. I had tons of ideas on how I can ruin my family's name even more , and inevitably add more links to videos that subject to my epic fail of a life , until my brain decided to shut down and my eyes stopped functioning. Yes , I fell asleep. 

Highly possible that it's a superior entity in the Universe telling me to stop all this rambling , and upload this weird and messed up Blog update. This is what happens when you're completely clueless on what to write , and you somehow decide that it would be a great idea to kick into overdrive and write about something that you're interested in , but blank on ideas , and then subject to the point on just complaining about how bad your family is , then add links to videos on things that are legitimately how my life goes on by on a daily basis. 

I should start a mini-series in my 10-week Blog posts. Will keep you updated ! Take care !






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments