Life Is A Beautiful Thing

By Gregory Low - November 20, 2014



People come and go, yet the sweetest of memories with them will forever remain deep within our hearts.

There's someone out there whom you really care about, yet you don't spend enough time with them. 

It hurts when someone entrusts so much love towards a person yet the person thinks of the one who's showering them with love as a figment of a shadow, a ghost.

Only in death, will you truly learn to love and appreciate the little things that the person has given to you, which turns into a painful infinity.

Live life to its fullest, do everything, regret nothing.

It's been a long time since I myself have been happy.

Being a kid shadowed by darkness, raised by despair, it's hard to find the light, where the happiness is. That's when those people come in.

They share, they relate, they encourage, they council, they're there for you. Those people are the angels hiding behind the darkness, waiting to show you the light.

I've met many angels, in the shape of my best friends, my god-brother - whom although can sometimes be annoying, but I know that they'll always be there for me.

The stars in the sky are the number of people, strangers, souls looking down showering you with love. You're not alone. It's a beautiful world. God is great.

Though life may seem unfair at times, your child is being rebellious, your parents are being overprotective, your friends are being dicks, just think about the people who don't have parents, those on the streets, those who are suffering so much yet can pull out a sincere smile on their faces.

I've realized myself that I'm demanding. I want things to go my way. That's not how the world works. It revolves around an entity of pain, suffering, sorrow. But after the rain comes a rainbow. Reach towards it, stay positive.

God has given you a life, though it may be perfect, be grateful that you're alive. Wonderful things to see, wonderful people to meet, it's a great life.

Don't live in the shadows, get out there and reach for the sun, all the wonders out there.

Those memories you share, those precious moments with the ones you love, are greater than any promises ever made. 

I complain a lot, my mum is a jerk, my dad wasn't there for me. I demand a lot. My dad is trying to give me everything, yet I'm unhappy. Love and trust are two things that are very important to someone. Without love there's no trust, and vice versa. I've lost love, I've lost trust. I'm a goner.

Don't stray down that path. The outcome is horrendous. A demon will fester inside you, chewing on your soul for all the despair trapped inside your heart. Never forget to love someone, the way they love you. Then, you will be able to trust, trust that there's someone out there, watching over you. Your guardian angle.

* I'm crying while writing this pointless post, or so I think so, one sec *sobs* *

Time is running out, my grandma keeps mentioning about the fact that she won't live long, her life is almost up, there won't be anyone for me to joke to, for me to hug and and here the words " I love you very much " .

I love you too, I just don't have the ability to express it. I try , I try very hard, yet I can't . Although I don't talk to you or spend a lot of time with you, those moments seeing you around and smiling at me are the things that I will treasure. 

To my mum, I love you a lot. You do get on my nerves when you make me wait for no reason for you to finish some errand that never crossed your mind, but the times when you fought for me, the times when you took the time to care for me without even bothering about your own well being, is the best thing a child can ever receive from a mother.

Dad, you weren't there for me, those times I really needed you, you weren't there. You came back around March last year and instead of a happy reunion, we fought. I fought. Mum got caught in my ring of rage. She gave up, I gave up. Somehow I felt happy yet really disappointed because you came back.

You basically returned for good thinking that everything would be okay. That I would be okay. People growing up with only one side of their parents are not fine. We're hurt. We do bad things. It's just that I would never stoop so low that I'd be buying drugs off the streets to cure my pain. 

I keep them bottled up, I keep them to myself. I remind myself on how I will never let my children suffer the way I did. I know better than anyone else about the feeling being raised up in a broken family.

Dad , if you could do it all over again, would you have chosen the same path? 

" To gain something you have to sacrifice something else "

You gained peace , but you sacrificed my happiness, my life. I honestly hate you. I really do. But I'm thankful that you're taking the time to see me through life from now on , because it's been a damn long time since you've done so.

There's so much more that I wanna say, but I want to keep the post short and I can't stand writing another sentence mentally, as all these are the thoughts running through my head right now.

Here's a song to everyone , to tell you how life is a beautiful thing. And that each person that comes into your life is an angel, which you should be grateful to have.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments