My Trip To Malacca / Melaka

By Gregory Low - October 12, 2015

Hey yo !

My previous post was all pictures and no talk , in which case - where's the fun in that ? Every picture needs a story . Well , those were just some snaps that my friend and I took using my camera during a class in college.

So , I'm in my second semester in college , and it's super fun . I got to meet new people , new friends , learn new stuff and a lot more . I had to take up a subject called "Malaysian Studies" as it's compulsory for all local students , and I was given an assignment to find out about some history in Malaysia . My team and I settled for Malacca / Melaka , since it's the state that has the most amount of background and culture. It was an amazing experience.

It was a 2D1N study journey , along with a 2 hour drive from my house to Melaka , which isn't fun at all - mostly for me since my dad asked me to drive for the experience of "outstation driving" , and to make things worse - I only had about 4 hours of sleep ,which was not a lot - at all !!

But enough of my ranting . My group comprised of 6 members ( originally ) , but one of my group members decided to bail us , the project , the project and the whole university completely . In short , he moved to a different university. There were 4 boys and 1 girl , with an addition of my dad , and her boyfriend.

Anyways , we visited the Portuguese Settlement and did an interview with a Portuguese guy which is one of my friends distant relatives . He was really nice and friendly , and he answered all our questions clearly and briefly . He even invited us into his house and gave us drinks and told us more about the Portuguese history . In return , we had dinner at his seafood restaurant at night.

We headed to Jonker Street to interview a lady on how to make cendol , which is a very famous local delicacy , which I don't really fancy . FUN FACT : I dislike a LOT of the local delicacies in Malaysia.

I was in charge of recording the interviews , which will be released as soon as I'm done editing them . There is also a vlog that I took for a side note journey log . That as well , will be out once I'm done editing them.

Of course , after a long day of hard work - which paid off I might add , my friends , dad and I went to Hard Rock Cafe where we enjoyed ourselves for the night . It was well earned !

We couldn't do much on the second day , so all we did was visit a submarine museum that my dad wanted to check out , as seen in the last few pictures












































































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments