Day #1 - The Arrival

By Gregory Low - August 12, 2013

Hey guys,

I'm in Singapore!To tell you this,this is my FIRST time EVER being well - oversees.Although Singapore is just a neighboring country to where I live,I'm pretty much very excited about coming here for the FIRST time.Departed around 10.45,and I arrived here around 12.10 in the afternoon,my first stop was a shop in Geylang.No,not a hooker bar,a restaurant......I'm too young for that ( though the thoughts is keeping me "excited" ).Food was awesome...of course - Singapore's food is the bomb....though nothing compared to where I come from.

Second destination is my hotel,which I'm not revealing which one.It is very fancy and sorta 5 star! I'm just exaggerating a little bit on that part.

Third destination ( after settling down for 10 minutes ) was Lucky Plaza.I don't think there's much inside there,unless if I didn't explore more deeply.

We (my dad and I) headed back to the hotel and just tried to keep comfortable.I have to tell you,it was MORE THAN ENOUGH especially when we get free WI-FI!!!! Not just that,top speed!So,I'm just hogging up the wi-fi and being very selfish here......haha!

At around 5.40 earlier in the evening,my dad and I headed to the nearest bus stop to wait for our transport to Night Safari.Description of it is given below

The opportunity to see a myriad of nocturnal animals in the secondary jungle full of mystery and drama will be yours. Look out for fierce predators and timid forest dwellers in their natural habitat under the subtle glow of the moon. 

You need not worry about safety because we will be traveling in a tram which takes us through the east and west loop passing by a large reservoir and weaving through selected habitats designed specifically to replicate the natural environment from the Himalayan Foothills to the Southeast Asian Rainforest and Indian Subcontinent. 

At the end of the tram ride, we will go on a walking trail where we can see some animals up close. See the place which was voted as the Singapore Tourism Board Leisure Attraction of the Year for three years. 

(Adapted from http://www.city-discovery.com/singapore/tour.php?id=158&gclid=CIzi4Yyg-LgCFfFz4god-nwA4g)

It was really cool,as I could see many nocturnal animals ( meaning night-time ) such as bats,flying squirrels,hyenas,leopards,lions and so-so.I wanted to take pictures,but there was a strict "No flash photography" rule so I couldn't take ANYTHING,considering the background has barely enough light and my poor phone doesn't have a great pixel number.

I am now I'n the hotel,finishing up this post,and some other crazy mad-genius stuff that I should keep personal.

Have a good night sleep guys :)

GregJSLow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments