How To #11 - Speak Internet

By Gregory Low - November 27, 2013

My "How To" Guide #11 - Speaking Internet

Hey Internet,

I'm sure you've all used the word "lol" "yolo" "rofl" "lmao" and so on.But,sometimes you just don't know what they mean.New words come out every day and even though I'm a teenager myself,trying to get used to new and awkward words coming out every day can be hard.

Society today loves to make bombastic things that attract peoples attention.It ranges from videos such as Gangnam Style with the weird dance and sexy ladies,to What Does The Fox Say which has a hilarious chorus and Santa sitting down reading a book to a kid in the forest - very creepy.Other things include random spamming on the keyboard and it actually means something??Well done world! The phrase "asdfghjkl" or even more,means that the person is having too many feelings at one time,or so.Wow......what an awkward word for showing the term of having too many feelings at one time.Can't you just say "I'm having too much feelings" ?

"LOL" meant "lots of love" before the Internet and it changed to "laughing out loud" - which seems legit.But the problem with the term "lol" is that most jokes today isn't funny but much more lame.When I was young,I used to watch Mr.Bean a lot,and he cracks me up.Those days,laughter actually meant really laughing.


Nowadays,laughter just means something like this

Okay,I can admit that I'm laughing on the inside,because I don't want to give my grandmother a shock.

The word "ROFL" just means rolling on the floor laughing,which seems legit and doesn't need any explanation.

The word "YOLO" is often misused,all the time!It stands for "You Only Live Once" - but that term would just be put as "you live for one day,then you're dead". The more logical term would be "you live everyday,you die once" which would stand for "YLEYDC"

Another famous word is "fap" - the short form for masturbating, "IDGAF" which stands for "I don't give a f***" and "STFU" - shut the f*** up.The internet also makes you learn trolls,but it doesn't classify under the "speaking" category but more of the "showing category".To put it simple,trolls are like this.





So I just decided "Hey why not I try and see what YouTube has to offer me on the Internet language,and I found my answer.Thanks Danisnotonfire .

To see more Internet language and hilariousness,click HERE

Thanks for reading!

Hit me on the ChatBox on the right side of my Blog!

Twitter: twitter.com/GregJSLow
I have Instagram (at last) : instagram.com/GregJSLow

Check out some other really talented Bloggers!

naomineo.blogspot.com
sophiewillocq.blogspot.com
speishi.blogspot.com
xiaxue.blogspot.com
rachelltan.com


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments