Too Much

By Gregory Low - December 27, 2013

Hi Internet,

I decided to post this because I really can't stand it anymore,but I'm just not mentioning it.

I have this uncle who comes over to my grandma's house every single evening to eat dinner.I don't mind,but what's very frustrating to deal with is the fact that he MUST watch TV when he comes over.

And I'm not talking about normal TV channels like AXN or HBO or things like that,he watches Pawn Stars and the news.Okay,I can understand about the news,although it bored the soul out of my hollow body (lol wut?)

But seriously,Pawn Stars?That's like the worst show ever made on the History channel.

I don't understand just how people would take an hour of their life to watch other people on the TV,head over to a pawn shop to sell their antiques.I can admit some of the antiques are pretty cool,but it's a really boring show.

The TV here in my grandma's house is technically my uncles,which I can't do anything except wonder why.

He doesn't have Astro in his house which is totally awkward,so he installed Astro in my grandma's house.Which means when he comes over,whatever shit I'm watching - has to wait - and that means in 2 hours,it's obviously over already! 

Sometimes he stays here until really late to watch tennis,or when he invites his friends over for dinner.And believe me,it ain't fun to deal with.

Firstly,ALL my favorite shows are at night,starting from 8 to 2 am - yup (6 hours straight).And when he watches tennis or when his friend comes over,I miss some,if not almost all of them - which really makes me cranky.

I don't have Astro back home,so when I come here,I try to enjoy myself as much as possible.But my uncle doesn't subscribe to all the fun channels,and subscribes to the channels that I just don't give a f*ck about.

Channels I'm NOT subscribed to are

  • Fox Movies
  • HBO
  • MTV
  • E!
  • Animax
  • Cartoon Network and Disney Channels (not included Disney XD cuz that's free)
There are more,it's just that I can't recall them.

I don't really care if he doesn't subscribe to all those,because it does cost additional money for the subscription fee,but when I don't have anything else to do,I rot like a corpse.

My dad seems frustrated because I get frustrated,and we fought many times because of this crap.

I've decided to just go with it,because he goes home exactly at 8 or sometimes 8.30 - which isn't much of a big deal.

But,on Christmas Eve,he came over and he invited his friend and his friend's daughter.

The more the merrier right?But I definitely hate dealing with people who are partially deaf,or totally deaf,unless if it's my mum :3 (sorry)

My uncles friend was on the couch watching the news,and I was seated at the dining table awaiting dinner.My dad asked me to call him (my uncles friend) to eat,and I did.

I don't really have a loud voice,because I choose not to use it often unless if I'm in an argument or I'm asking people to shut up.

So,I said "Uncle,dinner's ready" with a kinda soft voice (honestly sounds like a female) , and he didn't hear AT ALL.

He didn't even move,didn't even twitch or whatsoever.I decided to just scrap that and sit down.My dad then called him to say that I called him to eat,and that he didn't hear me

I am shy,quiet and very grumpy - all the time.So don't question me when you see me around. I've been through a lot of shit already.

People think that my life seems awesome,because I get a lot of things - mostly because I'm the only child.

But,I'm adopted - and I'm sure most of you guys (whom I call Glowers) already know about that,and it's not very cool especially when my foster parents are divorced.

Yup,too much f*cked up shit going on around everywhere in my life.

I once wanted my family to literally be back together and not have so many heated up arguments from time to time,but since I've waiting my whole bloody life,I decided to quit hoping and start living in the real world,where the facts are all against my wishes.

My dad has been away for a really long time because of work,and my mum is the most religious person I've ever known,and I hate walking in her footsteps,because teenagers can only take so much of holiness.

I go to church on Sundays and I enjoy myself,and that's it.Why do I have to join cell groups with old people?I've not been to my youth for a really long time and I'm missing all my friends there.But there's so much going on that I can't hang out with them on Fridays like normal.

There's a lot more,but I don't want to keep my post too long with all my life problems and rants about nonsense so this is it.

Hope you guys understand when you criticize me,especially those idiots in my school (I know you're reading)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments