Resolutions

By Gregory Low - December 14, 2013

Hey Internet,

2014 is in 2 weeks,two horrifying weeks to the end of my life.Straight forward here,as I have my major exam coming up next year,and that's the last thing I wanna go through on my bucket list.Well,I gotta take it if I want to get a job.

So I was thinking,my resolution for this year didn't go as planned,as it also kinda backfired on me.For starters,I wanted to grow taller,in a scientific way I increase by going "up",if you understand what I meant to say.But the plan went horribly wrong,as instead of going "up",I went "left and right". Yes,in simpler terms,I gained weight,tons.

Now,there's a gym downstairs and a swimming pool for me to drown myself in sorrow,but mother nature,being very cruel and mischievous to me,constantly pours down buckets,if not an ocean of rain water every single day,ruining my outdoor daily activities,which I don't normally attend to.

Anyways,here in South East Asia,we're experiencing a monsoon season,which happens at the end of each year for about a month or so.This technically limits us from being able to do outdoor activities such as football or basketball or jogging,whatever.

Now,you're probably thinking that "oh,but the gym is indoors right?".Well,yes....but here's the fun part.The gym isn't really directly connected to any place in the apartment,and it's in the middle of a stairway,which means that during a downpour,the chances of me slipping and me breaking my head is kinda high,considering that both stairways do not lead to the lift in direct.If I were to walk up,I'd have to walk up another flight of stairs,then I'm safe from the rain.If I were to walk down,I might slip....and there's also another flight of stairs I have to walk down.So it's a total bummer with the weather conditions here.

Second,my life was pushed to the breaking point as I "lost" my laptop.That thing was my life,my everything - technically I just used it to play StarCraft 2 to throw away my free time,but it was very precious to me.I never expected it to break down and I was forced to send it for repairs,which I've not gotten the laptop back and it's been 12 months.Yup,I've just set a Guinness World Record for "The Longest Time A Laptop Needs To Get 'Fixed' ".

However,things went back to normal,or I'd say,better,as I managed to persuade my dad to buy me a smartphone [Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT18190-N] which was on a slight discount.It was great to have a new phone,since my old one was retarded [Nokia C2-03] and it got hijacked by my mum. 

Crossing out more things from my "life achievements",I did spot a few gay Japanese guys right outside this Sakae restaurant around my housing area.I wanted to snap a picture so badly,but the chances of me getting beaten up like a pump was very high,so I didn't bother.

I've also complained,a billion times to my parents and my friends how I envy them because they've been overseas whereas I haven't.Yup,16 years old and have not been overseas,it's sad.So,my dad brought me to Singapore and I had the time of my life.

Click the links to read about my Singapore experience 

And,life goes on,school ends and holidays arrive #Freedom !!So,to make my year EVEN better,my dad brought me to Kuo Lipe,which is in Thailand a week ago,which I'm currently still depressed about it,because it was too fast. #GoodThingsDontLast

Links

That pretty much sums up my year,and technically I didn't have many resolutions planned out for this year,and next year,but these are some of them.

  • Do well in my O-levels
  • Lose weight
  • Become taller
  • Get a girlfriend :P
  • Have a vacation to Australia,or maybe Singapore again :3
  • Get a new laptop
  • Get my iPhone my mum has been promising me
  • Stay out of trouble


So what's yours?


#TeamHobbes

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments